Accounting Manager, Gift Processing and Revenue
This newly created position will have overall responsibility for managing the receipt, deposit and recording of all funds in the Raiser’s Edge constituent database, whether designated as gifts or other revenue, and provide information required for the acknowledgement of gifts and preparation of revenue reports. This position will also serve as a resource and primary liaison to various constituency groups served by the Gift Processing and Accounting department on matters of gift accounting, compliance with tax regulations regarding acknowledgment of charitable contributions and organization revenue reporting policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Successful candidates will possess a Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA or other equivalent certification a plus. In addition, candidates must have at least 3 years experience in a non-profit gift processing, development or accounting environment with basic knowledge of not-for-profit revenue procedures with demonstrated leadership skills and customer service focus. Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Net Community and/or Kintera desirable but not required. Must possess intermediate Excel and basic Word knowledge; have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills. Must be able to multi-task and work efficiently.
- Supervise the Gift Processing and Revenue Accounting staff; assign and delegate responsibility for work product, disseminate policies and set deadlines.
- Propose, establish, improve or maintain policies and procedures using industry best practices that ensure all gifts are timely recorded into the organization’s Raiser’s Edge constituent database in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the Financial Edge general ledger system. Revenue sources comprehend but are not limited to:
- cash, credit card, check, funds transfer or gifts in-kind.
- receipts received by mail, phone, on-line via the organization’s web-site(s) or event registration mechanisms or third-party on-line charitable giving organizations and via off-site event activities.
- Assume primary responsibility for month, quarter, calendar and fiscal year-end cut-off and other financial reporting close processes.
- Assign campaign, fund and appeal codes (CFA) to new revenue types in Raiser’s Edge in accordance with organization guidelines.
- Review and approve new or revised receipting or acknowledgment letter templates for compliance with industry and IRS requirements.
- Ensure that policies and processes comply with PCI Data Security Standards and organization donor privacy policies and IRS regulations regarding the processing and receipting of charitable gifts; communicate these regulations to internal and volunteer constituents to nurture a culture of regulatory and privacy awareness;
- Keep abreast of changes in IRS and other regulatory pronouncements and establish process modifications as necessary.
- Collaborate with Community Engagement departments to establish or improve processes to timely identify events that include gaming or auction activities, requests for in-kind donations and/or exchange transactions (quid pro quo).:
- Manage the pledge receivable process to ensure appropriate documentation, timely recording, pledge receivable reconciliation, review of pledge aging and collection.
- Coordinate the preparation of gift and revenue reports and documents as requested to support the annual audit and preparation of the Form 990 tax return.
- Provide for the analysis and audit of gift batches entered into the RE donor database for accuracy, completeness, pledge vs. pledge payment and related parties review and establish metrics to monitor performance quality.
Our headquarters are conveniently located in Manhattan Beach and we offer excellent benefits, group insurance and retirement savings programs in addition to competitive salaries. Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE